National Adoption Awareness Month



Sign from Born in My Heart Creations
Daisy Lane Design is very excited about partnering with Born in My Heart Creations for the month of November to help raise awareness about adoption. I know several families personally who have adopted, and I am in awe of their stories. One family in particular has brought 3 lovely little ladies into their home and is hoping to adopt again in the next few years. To help fund the hefty cost, Dawn has started Born in my Heart Creations. I asked her to share some of her story with me:

"I was created to be an adoptive mom. I am so thankful for our family's story and how God has truly blessed us and made such beauty out of our storms and how He continues to use us to bless and minister to others. 

Our hopes are to save/raise another 30 thousand dollars in the next 1-3 years to adopt again. We have spent close to 80 thousand dollars adopting and each time God has provided every penny. I had been praying about a way to start earning some money to start our little fund now so that we are prepared for when we are ready. I ordered a sign off Etsy this past summer and Dan (her husband) opened his mouth and said we could so make that, and a bell went off in my head. So I decided to put the idea out there and give it a whirl. I have only sold a handful of signs so far, but I'm working on a few orders a week and orders keep coming in. 

At this point is has become less about us adding children to our family and more about giving that child the blessing of a family. We have always just been open to any and every child the Lord brings our way and it's so exciting to think about what He will do next!"

Signs from Born in My Heart Creations




I hope that you will pop over to Dawn's Dawn's Facebook Page and show her some support. Every sign she sells brings them one step closer to their goal of providing a loving home to a child in need. 

Throughout the month, I will also be making one of a kind heart-themed DLD items, like the one below. I will be sharing pictures of them on my Facebook page and Instagram account. Then, on Saturday, November 21, National Adoption Day, I will host a Born in My Heart Creations/Daisy Lane Design sale. 30% of sales will go directly to Born in My Heart Creations. Mark your calendars! It's going to be fun!



Do you have an adoption story that you would like to share with Daisy Lane Design readers? We would love to hear them! I am hoping that this month will be a time to share, encourage, lift up and inform others about adoption. Please feel free to use the "contact me" form in the right hand column of the blog or email me at daisylanedesign@yahoo.com.

:) allison


Comments

Popular Posts