Confession #28

Dinner that you don't have to cook always tastes better.

Tonight my husband made dinner. He's lovely like that. And it was just pasta and sauce (out of the jar...please don't tell...sometimes you have to) and it was delicious. And do you know why? Because I did not have a hand in it - not even a finger.

There are a lot of things that I feel I need to be a part of, that I feel like I need to micromanage in order for it to happen correctly. I have very strong opinions on a great many things. But simple Tuesday night dinners are not one of them. And when someone you love and who loves you takes that "off the beam" for you, you just have to rejoice. And rejoice I did! With a glass of wine and my book in the quiet of my room. And I refuse to feel guilty about that.

:) allison

Comments

karenladu said…
Try doing that TWICE a week and see how you feel!
Micromanaging and Multitasking are myths for women to make them feel guilty.
Don't buy into it.
Warm Regards,
Karen.
PS I love Paul Newman's sauces in the jar! Just make sure the cheese and bread is great and the salad is fresh and of course the wine!

Popular Posts