Facebook Like Button

Follow Me on Pinterest

twitter like button

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Confession #18

The Customer Design Contest is probably my favorite DLD event.

In case you read yesterday's very short post, the little one is on the mend. Not 100% but better today than yesterday. Hooray!

OK, the design contest.

I've been thinking about the annual design contest a lot lately. The year is winding down. You might think there's still a lot of time left in 2015, but I promise, 2016 will be here sooner than you're ready for it. Certainly sooner than I'm ready for it!

Every year for the past 5 years I've done a customer design contest in January, and Lord willing, this January won't be any different. I take custom orders all year long, but in January, during the contest time, it involves customer participation and voting and winning and free stuff and it's just so much fun.

I've thought a lot about it because the energy surrounding the contest is the best part. And I know that there is a lot of participation because there is the possibility of free stuff, but I've been wondering a lot lately about how to get more participation and feedback from you all during the rest of the year. I love getting your input and hearing your ideas and seeing your comments, I really do!

The very thing about an online shop presence, being able to reach anyone, means that often times you get to know no one. Having a brick and mortar store, while it ties you to one location, gives you the chance to really know your customer and the flavor of your community and there is so much more give and take.

I would like that for DLD too.

I'd love to hear what you'd like from me as a shop owner. Part of this write everyday for a month thing is to force me to think my business through a bit more, flesh it out, so that it's more than just "here's the latest item that you can purchase from me" posts. So, here's your chance. Not new products...you save that for January! But what else, if anything would you like to see from DLD?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

:) allison

2 comments:

Karen La Du said...

I would personally like to see a collaboration between us on items which you sew and I custom paint.
Would really like to work with you.
Karen

daisy lane design said...

Karen,
Do you mean like the fishy bags we did awhile back or something different?
Hope you're staying warm today!!!
:) allison