Facebook Like Button

Follow Me on Pinterest

twitter like button

Sunday, September 20, 2015

New Shop

It's Been a Busy Summer
DLD is going through some changes. Last time we spoke, I told you all about the addition of fabric for purchase. For that post click here. Another project we took on was converting part of our garage into a fab new studio work shop. 

We got rid of nasty metal cabinets...





Tore down a peeling, sad ceiling...



Built out new walls to separate the garage-y side of the garage from the sewing side...



Put up a new ceiling...


Added some french doors between the two spaces...cause we're fancy...


Painted it all out in white...


Scrubbed the concrete floor...


Stained and nailed in some wooden trim...


So clean. So beautiful. Such a great chance to teach our kids the value of teamwork, seeing something through to the end, and what you can accomplish with a little bit of elbow grease, power tools, and several hundred trips to Home Depot. (cause why make lists when you can run back and forth 1400x in a weekend!) We rewarded them with turning what was the shop in the house into a cool entertainment/hang out/playroom area for them, so they were more than happy to help!

Then I moved allllllll my sewing/fabric/crafting/decorations/bitsy-piecy nonsense into the shop and cluttered the place right up! sigh. I intended to do it one box at a time, carefully unpacking each box, putting things away as I go. Are those of you who know me personally laughing yet?! 

Enter my mom. There she is in all her cuteness. She graciously volunteered to help me whip this place into shape. Ain't she sweet?! So, that's our next step. Purging, organizing, purging, stacking, purging and decorating. I can't wait to get to the pretty-ing up part. Now that the kids are back in school and the beach chairs and boogie boards are put away for another season, SOB!, I can get to tackling this stuff. More on that in the weeks to come.




:) allison

2 comments:

karenladu said...

Dear Allison,
Enjoy your lovely new space.
It is such a pleasure to have a space to work in.
I don't know what I would do without my studio.
All the best to everyone, hope you are ALL enjoying your new spaces!
Regards,
Karen

daisy lane design said...

Thank you Karen!
I'm really looking forward to finishing it off and making it an inspiring place to work!!!