Facebook Like Button

Follow Me on Pinterest

twitter like button

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

31 Confessions of a Maker

October Challenge

A few months back I stumbled upon an annual challenge called 31 Days. It's a writing challenge, taken on by bloggers to write every day for 31 days, throughout the month of October. The idea is that you would pick a specific and probably small topic and dive deep during the month of October. There's a linky party, and you can connect with other bloggers who are doing the same thing and read their stuff and they can link to read yours.

Ohmygosh, I'm breaking out in a sweat, just thinking about it.

Because I am not good at this blogging thing. It's sporadic at best and to be honest, I forget this little guy is here most of the time. So much of my day...week...(blink, month) is taken up with making something, sewing something, buying something to make or sew with or chatting with customers about what they want made or sewn. You know, the nuts and bolts of my business.

I have been blessed to see my business grow - and I am so thankful you guys!! But I have realized that there is so much more that goes into a creative business than the making part. The making part is the easy part! But it's only part of the story. And it's the only part I generally ever show people. Because it's the pretty part. But lately it's gotten too narrow. I mean really, how many pictures of cash envelopes do you all need to see in a lifetime? It's what I do, sure, but there is more to me, and DLD,  than cash envelopes.

So, I'm diving in. No, I'm not linking up to the big, overwhelming, sweaty palms, real blogger 31 Days challenge. But I'm doing it here, for you, my handful of readers. And really, for me.

31 Confessions of a Maker. What all I really think about when I'm not thinking about cash envelopes.

Coming to you each day in October. We'll see where it takes me. We'll see where it takes my business.

Confession #1: This terrifies me!

:) allison

2 comments:

karenladu said...

Hi Allison,
I blog everyday. About art. about how art can make a difference. HOw do I connect with this group?
khladu@comcast.net I do not use the gmail account.

daisy lane design said...

Karen,
Good for you! I wish I was al least a bit more consistent. If you click on the "31 Days", it's a link that will take you to their site. :) allison