5th Annual Design Contest and Giveaway!
5th Annual Design Contest and Giveaway!!
As I say every year -
any time is a great time for a new idea, but January is the time to make it into a contest!
|2014 winning idea - fabric covered headband, now available in two styles|
I must confess: I considered not doing it this year. Eek! Weirdly, January has a become a month that is almost as busy if not busier than December for my little shop. People are either switching gears from buying for others and want a little something for themselves, or they are starting to focus on saving, and are buying a cash envelope to start their NewYear Resolution of budgeting. Either way, I'm still pretty busy these days - thank you!
|Winning design from 2013 - Jewelry Roll|
But then I remembered that some of the shop's very best selling products, including the cash envelopes, started with great ideas from you! (Dale D, seriously, whenever you need another one of those - they are free for you!) And so I couldn't resist. :)
|Winning design from 2013, checkbook cover|
And last year, we had 19 amazing ideas! 19!!! I felt badly, paring down the list to 5 to make prototypes, and cutting some other ideas because they were just too large in scale, so I'm making some changes this year.
|Winning design from 2012, wristlet|
That is entirely up to you!
Design Contest Entry and Rules:
1. Submit an idea for a new Daisy Lane Design item in the comments section of this blog post by Friday, January 16, 5 pm Eastern. It can be anything I don't already make.
- If you're not familiar with my shop click on over here and take a peek around.
- You can also see lots of what I do on my Facebook page.
There aren't size rules this time, so let the creativity flow.
If two people submit the same idea, whoever commented first gets credit.
Make sure you leave your name so I know who to give credit to.
2. Once all the entries are in, I will compile a list of all the ideas submitted.
3. Voting will happen on the ideas themselves, without prototypes this time. All voting will be done on my Facebook page, via "likes"
4. The winning idea will be developed and two will be made.
Two people will win!!! One will be the person who submitted the idea - so make sure it's a good one!
More on how we'll decide who wins the other one later. ;)
Hope you're as excited as I am!
Can't wait to see what you come up with this year!