Facebook Like Button

Follow Me on Pinterest

twitter like button

Monday, August 11, 2014

The Week's Work

Week of August 10, 2014

This week's class:
Bib class
Wednesday, August 13 
6 pm - 9 pm

Things that are happening behind the scenes:
-  I am working a new page here on the blog. It'll be all about cash envelopes, giving you detailed information about all the different types of cash envelopes available as well as some new design features that I'm going to be working on in the next few months.
-  The Fall class schedule will be up soon. Classes are going to be clustered, helping you reinforce the skills you learn in each class so that you feel confident to repeat the process when I'm not there to help! 
 
Design a New We!
This week is DLD's first ever Make and Donate community event. On Saturday, August 16, from 2:30-5:30 we will be gathering at Great Pacific Frame Shoppe to make bibs for an area pregnancy center. I will be bringing the supplies to make the bibs and a few snacks, you bring your sewing machine, thread, bobbins and appetite and we'll sew and visit together while putting together some cute bibs for moms and babies in need. Cost for the sew along is $20 ($10 if you attend this week's bib class on Wednesday, August 13. See the class link for details.) Payment must be received by Thursday, August 14 to reserve your spot!

Here are some of pre-cut bib fabrics that I will be bringing for us to put together.



And here are some already completed bibs that I will be donating as well.



On the 16th, I will also be debuting bib kits in the shoppe! These kits include 2 pre-washed rectangles of coordinating fabric and batting that will make one infant sized bib. Pearl snaps are included in the kit. There is also a coupon inside for 30% off the DLD bib pattern, available in my etsy shop. If you already have the pattern, all you need is the kit! (Thread and snap setters are not included.)

 
Anyone who attends the Make and Donate on the 16th will also receive the coupon for 30% off the DLD bib pattern.



In completely unrelated news, while I was putting together these pictures for the blog yesterday, I was also making these amazing S'more bars. I have the pin on my dessert board and they are so stinking good that I may just need to whip up another batch and bring them on Saturday....in which case it WILL be related news!


Hope to see you on Saturday!
:)
allison

No comments: