Facebook Like Button

Follow Me on Pinterest

twitter like button

Friday, May 16, 2014

Mini Mini Tutorial: How to make a sash

Flower Girl Sash
You already know how to do this, right? This is a silly idea for a tutorial. I think it's because I'm just so darn excited for this weekend! Do you mind indulging me? Patting me on the head and telling me, "Wow! I never knew!" Thanks....you guys are the best.

Last year, my kids were in my cousin's wedding. My daughter's dress, (which they only had in a size too big and it had to be altered - curse you David's Bridal!) needed a sash to match the color of the bridesmaid dresses. Here she is trying the spinning qualities of said dress and sash.


This year, she is again a flower girl in my brother's wedding. And my sweet, soon-to-be sister in law was totally ok with her wearing the same dress that now fits like a glove....oh and they also still have it in stock for the other flower girl (bless you David's Bridal!) However, the sashes are navy instead of cobalt. So it was off to Stitch n Sew for ribbon.

Here is the two second process: which takes much longer to type than to do.
You need: 
2.5-3 yards of the ribbon of your choice. This is 2" wide satin ribbon.
A way to cut the ribbon on a 45 degree angle. Reason #354 for investing in a cutting mat, Shape Cut and rotary cutter. However, I'm sure that sharp scissors and a little eye-balling will work just fine.
Fray Check

1. Cut the ends of the ribbon on a 45 degree angle. There's a line for that.


2. Place the ends of the ribbon on a piece of paper towel and run a thin line of the Fray Check along each edge. Let it dry completely. The edge will be slightly darker (really slight) but the neater the line, the better it looks of course.


3. Tie onto your dress!


Twirling pictures to follow, I'm sure.
Have a great weekend, everyone! I know I will!
:) allison

No comments: