Customer Design Contest Part 3

Pre-voting votes are in!

Thank you to all who voted on the 8 semi-final ideas for the design contest. Here are the results:

1. Reusable Snack Bags - 12 votes
2. Curling Iron/Flat Iron cover/travel bag - 8 votes
3 and 4. Tie - Business Card Holder and Purse Organizer - 6 votes
5. Photo Book - 5 votes
6. and 7. Yoga Bag/Yoga Mat Straps and Fabric Headband - 4 votes
8. Dog Collar or Leash - 3 votes

It was so close!!! Items 1-4 on this list were a definite IN for the final contest. Then I chatted with the girl who submitted the photo book idea because, frankly, I had no idea how to approach that. She gave me a better idea of what she had in mind, and it turns out that it probably will take a bit more fabric than I was thinking, so we shelved that idea and I'm going to work on it another time. So that left me with a tie between items 6 and 7, the yoga mat and the headbands. So I called in a tie breaker. Paige, the owner of the Shoppe, who hosts our sewing classes loved both ideas, but when pressed picked the headbands.

So....whew....the 5 items that will be made as a prototype and entered in the final vote for the 2014 design contest are:

Reusable Snack Bags
Curling Iron/Flat Iron Bag
Business Card Holder
Purse Organizer
Fabric Headband

It will take me a few weeks to get these made. Stay tuned for sneak peeks on my Facebook page. One of these design ideas will be the winner. The designer will win her item for free and there will be an additional prize for one lucky voter!

:)
allison


Comments

Popular Posts