New Year's Resolutions


Happy New Year!

I hope you all had fun bidding 2012 goodbye and welcoming 2013. I enjoyed sleeping past the sunrise this morning, so I count that as a very promising start!

Like most of you, I'm sure, I have plans for new beginnings. Things I want to continue working on. Goals I hope to work towards. The only promise I'm making is to take things slowly. Make small moves. Baby steps. And to not beat myself up when I fail.

For example, I have a goal to blog more. I meant to have a post up this morning. But sleeping past the sunrise also means sleeping past the son and daughter rise, so it didn't happen. I hit my morning running today. But it's happening now, this afternoon. Winning!

One our goals as a family is to spend less, and when we do spend to do so with cash. Steps we've come up with so far include:

1. Only eat out one meal a month.
This requires a great deal of self-control for us. Especially on the weekends, when we're out and about as a family. It's so easy to get busy with errands, etc and slip into the habit of going to a restaurant for lunch especially.

2. Drop our cable service and watch our shows through streaming. This one brought our daughter to tears. (I had a lump in my throat too, truth be told. I kind of have a crush on my DVR.) We agreed to wait until the Superbowl is over to implement this one. Would love to hear if any of you do this! We're thinking a Hulu+ membership is in our future.

3. Get everyone on a budget. Tomorrow I'll tell you more about how we're doing that. Here's a little sneak peek of how we're encouraging our daughter to that end.



How about you? What are some of your goals and resolutions for 2013? 

Comments

Popular Posts