Facebook Like Button

Follow Me on Pinterest

twitter like button

Friday, December 28, 2012

A Big Thank You!!

 
Reflections on 2012:
 
Exactly a year ago today, Daisy Lane Design was featured in its first blog, The Pinterest Project. http://www.thepinterestproject.com/ If you don't know Jamie and Miranda, you should hop on over and say hi. They spend their days being mommys and searching Pinterest for fabulous pins, trying them out and writing about it. They have discovered some amazing recipes, braved some interesing DIY and modeled some fabulous crafting projects. They asked me to be a part of a giveaway they were doing and who was I to refuse? However, getting involved required a major update to my etsy shop. Like hours and hours of taking pictures, writing descriptions and posting listings major. More effort in three weeks time than all the effort I had ever put in my etsy shop in the 3 years it had been open. But that had been one of my goals for 2012: put more effort into my etsy shop.
 
Funny thing about goals: you can't just set them and then expect them to work for themselves. You have to do the work. You have to take measureable action everyday to reach them. You can't stick them on the back shelf (with last year's exercise equipment) and expect them to do their thing. That is what I had been doing with my business goals, what amounted to wishful thinking. Let's not talk about my exercise goals....I am currently resisting the urge to breakfast on leftover Christmas cookies. Baby steps, people!
 
So I did the feature. Got a few new likes on my Facebook page, www.facebook.com/DaisyLaneDesign a few new hits on my etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/daisylanedesign. What do you know? Momentum is contagious!! I saw what a little effort got me and so I gave a little more. The result has been the most successful year on etsy I have ever had!! DLD has grown up from a little word of mouth, friend of a friend thing. I am so grateful for the nudge that Jamie and Miranda gave me.
 
And I am also so thankful for all the people who have continued to be excited by what I do. One of the best parts of DLD is making custom orders for people and taking ideas that customers have and turning them into products for the shop. Two of the top three sellers this year have come from customers. Here are 2012's top three items (I think people have a thing for chevron these days, no?)
 
 
#3: The Pleated Clutch.
 
OK, I came up with this one myself and 17 of them sold (including the purse-sized version.)
 
 
#2: The Cash Envelope System.
 
Cute little padded outer pouch, 6 inner cash envelopes for all your budgeting needs. First designed as a custom order for Dale D. back in July of this year. Since then, 22 of them have sold, including one for yen in Japan! And it is one of the most viewed and favorited items I have in the shop. 
 

#1: Monogrammed Cosmetic Bag.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/114284539/padded-cosmetic-bag-custom-order-you

Made these first for my cousin, Cami W, as bridesmaid gifts for her wedding. That was in the beginning of November of this year. Since then, I have sold 34 of them, and am currently working out another order for 5 more with another bride! By far the most popular thing I have made....ever!!



I owe a big THANK YOU to these ladies.
Jamie and Miranda, be looking in the mail soon :)
Dale D and Cami W, I'd like to offer you a coupon for 22% and 34% respectively, off any item of your choice.

Goals, when you meet them, should be celebrated! It makes all the work worth it. So let this serve as my celebration :). And then a new goal should be set...keep things flowing. So I am setting a goal of whipping this blog into shape for 2013. I'm not good at it. I'm not consistent with it, and according to the stats, possibly only 19 people will see this. We'll see where we are in a year ;)



2 comments:

Cami W said...

That's amazing and I am so happy to hear the cosmetic bags have been so popular! I'm so proud of my cousin and thank you for making such beautiful pieces!

daisy lane design said...

Thank you! Can't wait to squeeze your neck this summer :)