Facebook Like Button

Follow Me on Pinterest

twitter like button

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Our Summer in Pictures

 
 
What I Did This Summer
 
 
Just a few things we did this summer. Some pins I found and tried out, some projects I made, some places we went. Just a fun collection of what we've been up to.
 
 


I made the kids their backpacks for school this year.
You can get your own version of them at my etsy shop if you like.
 
 

Of course we visited the beach! This is the real Jersey Shore. Not the lies they keep showing on TV.


 
I made this Bang Bang Cauliflower that I found on Pinterest here:
Note: I HATE cauliflower. I loathe it. I detest it. I was more than dismayed when it showed up in my Bountiful Basket one week. And then I remember this pin. Seriously, I would eat this everyday. It is sooooooooooooooooooooo good.
 
I wrote my first pattern, for my bibs in two sizes, with help from my husband and his mad mad computer skills. Hard copies and PDFs available shortly!
 
 



 

We went fishin. Yes, it's fishin. Not fishing. Don't know why, but it is. And it was the first time I actually caught something and I was as excited as the kids were. Need to buy a boat.
 
Took some time away from the sewing machine also, and made this cute coffee mug cozy. Hunted down this pin: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mug-and-french-press-jacket
and used the pattern there. It needed a few adjustments, but I'm super happy with the results!
Now I;m ready for fall!

 


Planted a garden that actually produced something we could eat!
Love me some eggplant parm and this was probably the best batch we've ever had! So excited that there are four more eggplants popping out.
This is totally what we're making the next time one is ready:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/calabrese-fried-eggplant-recipe/index.html


We also had a flower or two in there....


Finally, I made a dress. For an adult. That they can actually wear!
Look out world, she doesn't just do bags anymore!
 
What was your favorite activity of the summer?

No comments: