Spring Cleaning

The good thing about posting an embarrassing picture of your hideous craft closet is that it motivates you to actually do something about it! Even if just one person sees this picture, I'll feel better for having posted it if for no other reason that it looks 1000 times better than the other one. (See my Confessions of a Closet Hoarder post for the before pic). There is still some work to be done, but whew, this is a relief!

The other good thing about it, is that you come across things you have had and have been meaning to do something with. This is my latest jacket bag. I've had the jacket forever - in fact, I think it was the first jacket I picked up with the intention of turning it into a bag, but it got sucked in the craft closet vortex, never to be seen again. Until now! Perfect for the warmer weather. It's available in my etsy shop, just click on the link.
And here's the inside:

And sometimes you find things that you've made for friends years ago, and you get to make them again. Used this combo for a friend when her son was born three years ago. They just had a baby girl, so I just added a pink stripe to it, and...made her daddy happy. Don't say this Giants fan doesn't have a heart! (Makes it easier since it was my boys winning this year, of course)
And finally, not part of the closet clean, but finishing up a project I started earlier, the t-shirt skirt pattern does work for seer sucker. Yay! Hope my daughter likes the idea of wearing lots of skirts this year. I'm on a role.
Now, I'm off to see if cleaning anyyone else's closet produces anything of crafty interest.

Comments

Popular Posts